About the CIC
The Clermont County CIC, Inc. (CIC) was established in November 2003 as an economic development tool for Clermont County. The CIC can aid the County in many aspects of the overall adopted economic development strategy, but its current efforts are focused on facilitating industrial and office park development which will lead to new industrial and commercial investment. This will result in a greater amount of “shovel ready” industrial and office sites, a critical component in attracting new business investment to the County. Another tool being utilized by the CIC is providing financing assistance to companies through the use of Industrial Development Bonds (IDBs).
Powers of the CIC
The powers of the CIC are broad and include, by way of illustration, the following:
- To borrow money for any purpose of the corporation by issuing debt. Such debt is secured by a mortgage or other lien on its property.
- To make loans to persons, partnerships, corporations or other business organizations and to regulate the terms and conditions of such loans.
- To purchase real and personal property and to dispose of such property.
- To acquire business assets, including the good will, business, rights, real and personal property, and other assets of firms and persons and to assume or pay debts and liabilities of such persons and firms.
- To acquire real estate for the purpose of constructing industrial plants or business establishments or to dispose of such property for such purposes. In addition, a CIC may acquire industrial plants and business establishments and may sell, operate, maintain or lease such facilities.
- To acquire, sell, pledge, etc., stock shares, bonds, notes or other securities of persons, firms, or corporations.
- To do all things necessary to carry out the powers of a CIC.
How the Clermont County CIC is Organized
A CIC may be designated by a county, one or more townships, one or more municipal corporations, two or more adjoining counties, or any combination of these political subdivisions. A designated CIC is the agent of the political subdivision for the industrial, commercial, distribution, and research development in the jurisdiction. The Clermont County CIC, Inc. is the designated agent of the Clermont County Board of Commissioners.
Not less than two-fifths of the governing board of any designated CIC must be composed of mayors, members of municipal legislative authorities, township trustees, county commissioners, or any other appointed or elected officers of such political subdivisions, provided that at least one officer from each subdivision must be a member of the governing board.
County commissioners may contribute funds, supplies, equipment, office facilities, and other personal property or services to a CIC to help pay expenses.
All work done through the Clermont County CIC, Inc. is managed by the Clermont County Department of Community & Economic Development.
The CIC has adopted a strategic plan to carry out a broad, multi-faceted development strategy that will facilitate job creation, capital investment and a trained workforce.
CIC Upcoming Meeting Schedule*
- January 23, 2019 Annual Members Meeting — 9:00 a.m.
- January 25, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 9:00 a.m.
- February 13, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- March 13, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- April 10, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m.
- May 8, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- May 23, 2019 Special Board of Trustees Meeting — 9:00 a.m.
- June 12, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- July 8, 2019 Special Board of Trustees Meeting — 9:00 a.m.
- July 16, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- August 14, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- September 11, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- October 9, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- November 6, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- December 11, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting — 2:00 p.m. (cancelled)
- December 12, 2019 Special Board of Trustees Meeting – 2:00 p.m.
*CIC Meetings are held monthly and on an as-needed basis also. All CIC meetings are held in the Third Floor Conference Room at the Clermont County Administration Building, 101 East Main Street, Batavia, Ohio.
CIC Meeting Minutes
All Minutes are from regular meetings unless otherwise noted.
2019 Meeting Minutes
2017 Meeting Minutes
- February 22, 2017 – Members Annual Meeting
- February 22, 2017
- April 5, 2017
- May 31, 2017
- June 28, 2017
- August 2, 2017
- September 27, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- November 1, 2017
- December 6, 2017
- December 19. 2017
2016 Meeting Minutes
- January 20, 2016
- January 25, 2016
- February 26, 2016 – Members Annual Meeting
- February 26, 2016
- March 11, 2016
- March 23, 2016 – Members Special Meeting
- March 23, 2016
- April 27, 2016
- June 01, 2016
- June 22, 2016
- July 27, 2016
- August 24, 2016
- September 28, 2016
- October 26, 2016
- December 7, 2016
To view or obtain meeting minutes from previous years, please call the office at 513-732-7825, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.