*Applications Due November 1, 2021 *
Application are due by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 1, 2021 for consideration in the 2022 Capital Bill. Please email completed applications and supporting documentation to Michael McNamara at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Gael Fawley at email@example.com.
The Clermont County Port Authority, working in collaboration with the county’s General Assembly Delegation, will be making recommendations to the Ohio General Assembly as to what “community projects” should be submitted for funding by any capital appropriations bill introduced in the General Assembly in 2022.
The Port Authority has assembled an evaluation team to evaluate submitted projects and, working with the Clermont County General Assembly Delegation, to make recommendations to the General Assembly Delegation as to what projects should be submitted for funding by any capital appropriations bill.
To be eligible for funding by the State Capital Bill, a project must be one that can be underwritten by state tax-exempt bonds. Generally speaking, a project should entail the construction or improvement of a capital asset that advances the functions undertaken by the government. Projects such as the construction or improvement of buildings are eligible, while the purchase of motor vehicles is not. Likewise, capital projects supporting social services, workforce development or parks are eligible for funding as community projects, because it is expected that these projects will be separately funded in the next capital bill.
Projects will be scored according to the following criteria, for a possible maximum total of 120 points:
- Aligns with current General Assembly priorities – 15 points
- Up to 15 points will be awarded to topics that are the most recent priorities of the Ohio General Assembly.
- Current projects considered a priority:
- Opioid Addiction Treatment / Preventions
- Shared services among governments and non-profits
- Historical preservation
- NOTE: these priorities may change after submission of applications
- Relative strength in project category – 10 points
- Top overall score in the category – 10 points
- Second place score in the category – 5 points
- Third and below – 0 points
- Funding capabilities – 10 points
- Match funding committed – 10 points
- Match funding applied for but not committed – 5 points
- Match funding has not been applied for – 0 points
- Leverage using non-State funds – 15 points
- More than 75% committed from non-State sources – 15 points
- 50% – 75% committed from non-State sources – 10 points
- 25% – 49% committed from non-State sources – 5 points
- Less than 25% committed from non-State sources – 0 points
- Recent history of funding through Capital Bill program – 20 points
- No previous capital bill funding in prior 10 years – 20 points
- Previous capital bill funding within past 5 years and has completed those projects – 10 points
- Funded in prior cycle and project has started construction – 5 points
- Funded in prior cycle but project has not started construction – 0 points
- Adequacy of planning and readiness to proceed – 20 points
- Plans completed/finalized at time of application – 20 points
- Plans under development by selected consultant – 10 points
- No consultant has been selected – 0 points
- Collaboration – 20 points
- Letters of support from other agencies that will utilize the capital improvement (at least 2) – 20 points
- One letter of support from other agencies that will utilize the capital improvement – 10 points
- No letters of support, capital improvement will only be utilized by applicant – 0 points
- Community / General Support – 10 points
- Compelling number and quality of support letters from individuals and/or other organizations (at least 5 letters) – 10 points
- Moderate number and quality of support letters from individuals and/or other organizations (at least 2 letters) – 5 points
- No support letters from individuals or other organizations – 0 Points
Should you have any questions concerning this application, please contact Steve Tugend at (614) 462-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to fill out and submit this form online.