Clermont County has noticed a trend in development focused on three key industry clusters. Each cluster represents a high-growth sector for the Clermont County region, including:
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- The South Afton Industrial Park project, a 242-acre site purchased in 2016 and developed by the county’s CIC to SiteOhio’s shovel-ready authentication in 2018 – represents a commitment to investing in the manufacturing and distribution industries. Furniture manufacturer Design Within Reach moved into a $17 million distribution facility on a 46-acre lot in the industrial park in 2019 and in late 2020, Nestle-Purina announced plans to build and open a new $550 million factory on the remainder of the park’s acreage.
- Clermont County has a rich tradition of manufacturing excellence, best exemplified by companies such as Milacron, founded in 1884, and L-3 Fuzing & Ordnance.
- UC East, the hub of a 25-year growth plan for the University of Cincinnati, is located outside of downtown Batavia. This campus provides an Advanced Manufacturing program designed to train workers by providing hands-on experience. The program works in collaboration with area manufacturers for customized training.
- The paper industry is also significantly represented in this community with the global headquarters and Ohio manufacturing hub of Multi-Color Global Label Solutions, a new 900,000 sq. ft. manufacturing and distribution center for Huhtamaki, and advanced barcoding and medical labeling solutions from General Data.
- Professional Business Services
- Home to a variety of office parks, Clermont County has provided a thriving environment for the business services sector. Today, places like Ivy Pointe are home to fast growing companies and are key locations for entrepreneurial activity in Ohio. American Modern Insurance Group (AMIG) and Total Quality Logistics (TQL) have invested over $55 million in new headquarters facilities in Clermont County, including TQL’s $20 million headquarters expansion, completed in late 2020.
- Information Technology
- The strength of our workforce’s knowledge base is demonstrated by the presence of Siemens PLM and Tata Consultancy Services’ North American Delivery Center. These two companies combined employ over 1,000 computer programmers and software engineers in Clermont County.